I’m a game, VR and narrative designer located in Los Angeles, CA. I currently work as a Senior Narrative Designer at Riot Games.
In the last few years, I’ve done some stuff like:
- Was a designer on one of the first demos for Oculus’ Santa Cruz, the world’s first standalone VR headset with 6DOF tracking and rich hand presence. I also delivered the first design talk ever given for this device about our virtual pet demo, Boundless.
- Was a designer for a couple of nifty VR experiences at Oculus, such as the storybook world of Prologue and alien life simulator Farlands
- Created Elsinore, a time-looping Shakespearean adventure game, along with my best friends — then took it to IndieCade, PAX, GDC, and more. It’s been covered by outlets like Kotaku, Vice, PC Gamer, Destructoid, GameInformer, Tom’s Hardware, and others
- Wrote a Nancy Drew game and got to assume the persona of my favorite childhood author, Carolyn Keene, as well as write a pretty rad sea shanty
- Served as an editor and narrative designer on the weird and awesome Kinect mystery game D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die — and repped it on a European press tour
- Wrote about the death of indie Kickstarter as a viable funding platform and made a lot of internet people very angry in the process
- Delivered a GDC talk teaching students about the process to get from university to their first game design/writing job
- Started a movement at my alma mater to overhaul mental health care by writing about my experience with Carnegie Mellon’s student therapy system